- Ask your child to choose their favorite stuffed animal. (If it has four legs, that’s great. If it doesn’t, that’s great, too.)
- Talk to your child about what cowboys and cowgirls do at a rodeo. If you’ve been to a rodeo together recently, talk about what you saw there.
- Show your child how to wrap the legs of the stuffed animal with the yarn or soft rope. Talk to your child about how to treat animals with respect.
- Help your child practice wrapping the yarn or soft rope around the stuffed animal’s legs a few times.
5. For extra excitement, time your child to see how fast they can tie the stuffed animal’s legs. Encourage them to get a little faster every time.