Which child care provider is right for your child?
In a quality child care environment…
- Learning groups are small enough to allow children frequent opportunities to interact with adults, and with each other.
- Family involvement and coordination is welcome and encouraged.
- Staff is educated, experienced and knowledgeable.
- The adults provide sensitive, caring relationships to the children — crucial for development in all domains.
- The program maintains high standards of health, safety, and nutrition.
- There are clear and accessible administrative policies and procedures.
- There are regular opportunities for evaluation of the program and staff.
- Each child’s developmental needs and interests are considered.
- The program includes opportunities to develop communication, sense of self and relationships, curious minds, and strong and healthy bodies.
Child Care Checklist
For more guidance, download or order a copy of the child care checklist.